Real corn tortillas were created to carry RedBeards No. 8 seasoned ground beef. Stay far away from those lazy “taco seasoning” packets and punch of the flavors with RedBeards Habanero Hot Sauce and our No. 8 rub. These quick on the go Gringo Tacos are a perfectly tasty snack or dinner option. Estimated cook time 30 min.
Ingredients: (vary according to personal taste/heat)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 dozen Mission Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (about 1 cup)
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce (about 1 cup)
- Tomatoes Cubed (about 1/2 cup)
- Avocados Cubed (2 large avocados should do the trick)
- Red Beards No. 8 Dry Rub
- And of Course – Don’t forget the Red Beards Habanero hot sauce
- Pan fry the ground beef in a large skillet, making sure that there aren’t any large chucks of meat.
- While frying, add the minced onion and RedBeards No. 8 Dry Rub to taste.
- I use about a shade less than a teaspoon of RedBeards No. 8 dry rub.
- Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, set off to the side.
- Turn the oven on to 250 degrees. This will keep the tacos nice and hot.
- Prepare a cookie sheet or equivalent by layering paper towels on the bottom to soak up the vegetable oil from the tortillas.
- In a large frying pan, cover the bottom with vegetable oil and place on medium heat.
- Once the oil is at temperature, place a tortilla in the frying pan. Quickly flip
- over and add a small amount of the meat mixture. Then fold the tortilla in half.
- Fry the folded tortilla, flipping it until it starts to show golden brown spots on both sides.
- Once the taco is cooked, place in the cookie sheet and add a generous
- amount of shredded cheese to the inside. Continue until all of the meat mixture is used.
- Cube the tomatoes, avocados, and shred the lettuce.
- To serve, remove the tacos from the oven, add RedBeards Habanero hot sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados.
Disfrutar (Enjoy) Gringos!